Saturday, July 9, 2016

Beautiful Music: Road to Chicago

*  *  *



Hey!  Thanks for coming.  :D

Today's selection is a significantly shorter piece than last time, when "Fantasia on a Theme of Thomas Tallis"  came to just over 17 minutes.  
I bring you "Road to Chicago", by Thomas Newman, from the soundtrack to Road to Perdition.  
Road to Perdition is a film about a group of Irish gangsters and their relationships, and the swiftly approaching tragedy that will tear them apart.  I've never seen it, and that's about all I remember from the descriptions.  The plot is rather complex, I believe.  
But regardless of the story, the music is absolutely beautiful.  My other favorite tracks from the score include "Brooks was Here" and the opening title, which shares the same name as the film.

"Road to Chicago" is mysterious, emotional, and driving.  I include it on my list of Most Inspiring Songs for writing.  



*  *  *

-Emmarayn Redding

(DISCLAIMER:  Copyrights to the music go to Thomas Newman and the makers of Road to Perdition.  Used here for entertainment purposes only.  No copyright infringement intended.)

No comments:

Post a Comment