Friday, March 13, 2015

Post 100: I am Emmarayn Redding

*  *  *

Image result for emmarayn redding imagesHello, my dear readers!  We're here at my 100th post, at last!  As you can see in the title, my big announcement is my true identity.
For the past few years I've been writing under a pseudonym to protect my identity.  But now that I am eighteen, it's time to come out and show my true face.  

Some of you may already know me by this name.  If you're on a certain beloved forum.... then you've known me for years.  :D  
But if you know me purely from reading this blog, then let me introduce myself properly.
Image result for quest for the ivory swordI am the author of The Quest for the Ivory Sword, book one in the Warriors of Talminia Series.  I am also an illustrator, playwright, and a songwriter.   It's exciting:  now that you know who I really am, I can share my actual works with you, instead of just plain old fanfiction (which I will, of course, still write).  I love fanfiction and all, but I never feel I can give my full efforts to it, for fear I'll use up all my good ideas on someone else's story!  ;)

Speaking of writing stories, I am soon to release my newest book,  The Madman of Elkriahl, an original fairy tale novella.  The writing and illustrations are finished, and the book is now in the editing stage.  It's nearly ready.  As of yet I do not have a release date, but I do think it will be quite soon.  Check back here for updates and (soon!) excerpts.  XD


Image result for emmarayn redding images
My mother, Amy Redding.  Check out her blog HERE!
Writing is a big part of my life- but a bigger part of my life is my family.  My mother is a singer-songwriter, Amy Redding, and my father is a former music teacher, now a pastor.  I am the oldest of six siblings, and together we travel with our parents to do concerts in  churches and Gospel festivals.  It is my family's musical background that inspired me to write songs.  I play piano, penny whistle, alto saxophone, and guitar, though I usually only write songs for piano.  Music is something I enjoy very much, almost on the same level as writing.  :)  



After this, I will be changing my blogger name to my real name.  But don't worry- the same stuff will still be posted on this blog.  Rayne's Comedy Hour, Character Studies, Lessons to be Learned... all that has become traditional here.  But now, I'll have the great privilege of sharing my work with you.  I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I will.  

Don't forget to check out my new Facebook page!  You'll find more updates on upcoming books and CD's there as well as here.

Thanks for coming, guys!  I look forward to sharing with you in the future!  :D  You're the best!

*  *  *

-Emmarayn Redding.... a.k.a, RAYNE SPERYLL

10 comments:

  1. Oh awesome! I didn't know you had a book published. :) Lovely name, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D I'll tell my mother- she made it up herself.

      Delete
  2. Hehe. I knew this . . . but you knew that. :)
    I'd follow your Facebook page, but I'm not on Facebook . . . yeah.
    Also: random, but I love the picture of you with the sword. *nods*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad you like it. It's nice to finally be able to talk about this in the open. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm on that certain beloved forum…and yes, I have known you, or at least about you, for years. I've been reading your blog for a while, but I only recently started commenting. Yeah, I used to be more of a silent reader than I am now.

    As the second of ten children, I always enjoy meeting people from large families. I wonder how only children survive. :P

    Also: Would you be interested in having The Madman of Elkriahl proofread and line edited for free? I've done paid or unpaid work for several published authors, including Christopher Hopper and Jake, and all of them have liked my work. I generally ask my clients for a short testimonial of how they found my work. My email is on my Underground profile if you want to discuss this more: http://www.heedtheprophecies.com/theunderground/profile.php?id=12916

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! :D Thanks for the offer. I will consider it- one can always use help editing. I don't have many young people reading it yet. :) I'll let you know what I decide.

      Delete
    2. Okay! I eagerly await your decision.

      Delete
    3. Hey, Dmitri! I got the comment with your email address, but I didn't figure you'd want it published. :) Thanks! I'll contact you soon.

      Delete
  4. Hey Emmarayn!!! I'm here to give you your prompt for Rachelle's Flash Fiction Challenge...your prompt is 'reality is a prison.' You can use this as a first sentence or somewhere in the story or just as the theme for the story. And since that might be hard, a 1000 words to work with. :) I'm excited to see what you do with it!!

    (Also, I love your name. It's very pretty :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leanne! That's a great prompt. I'll do my best with it!

      And thank you very much- I like your name too. It sounds very graceful.

      Delete