Saturday, June 4, 2016

Beautiful Music: Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis

*  *  *


Hello, my readers!  
As you all know I am a great lover of music, and I know many of you are as well.  Our tastes are greatly varied, and I love having the opportunity to listen to new music thanks to you guys and your blogs. 
So, starting today, I'd like to share some of my favorite songs every now and then, and why I like them.  :D  

My latest love is a song called "Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis", by Vaughan Williams.  This beautiful, haunting piece is mysterious and majestic.  The rich chords vibrate deep in my core, filling my heart with a sort of longing that I can only imagine to be associated with Heaven. 
This song, in its shortened form, lends itself well to improvised song prayer, which I use sometimes to express my praise to God through spontaneous poetry.  
Here is the long version for your enjoyment, ending just above seventeen minutes.  Let me know what you think in the comments below, and feel free to share your favorite songs as well!



*  *  *

(Music posted for entertainment purposes only.  No copyright infringement intended.  Credit for the video goes to the BBC Symphony Orchestra.  Thanks to You Tube user gb5uq for putting it up.)


No comments:

Post a Comment